Two Month Surgiversary

Wow, sorry I have been MIA for a bit. I have been crazy busy in my new role at work. There are just not enough hours in the day.

Yesterday was my two month surgiversary. I'm continuing to add new foods back into my diet, though I need to get groceries and have just been too busy. I also need to do some food prep. Anyone want to come cook for me? 😜

I have had a few incidents lately with solid food. I'm learning how much I can eat and several times I have eaten too fast and made myself feel icky. Almost made myself throw up once, thankfully only once.

I had really been looking forward to getting back to the gym, but I'm having a lot of struggles with my foot. I can't get the plantar fasciitis to heal up. I did sign up to do a 5K which was last weekend. I did not do the entire Unicorn 5K, I did just a half mile with all the little kids, lol. But I was really proud of myself. I did it in 14 minutes. However, my foot hurt like hell afterwards. 

My surgeon and other patients from the program were there and it was great to cheer one another on. I didn't stay until they all finished and missed out on some pictures, but I was hurting. Next year I'm going to do the whole thing! My surgeon was really proud of me for being there just two months after surgery.

My weight loss has slowed but I'm focusing on how far I have come. I'm down 41.8 pounds! Once in awhile I do still have fears that it's not going to actually going to keep going, but I just remind myself to trust the tool. And there are lots of other things happening. Smaller clothes, I can trim my toenails, personal hygiene is much easier, less sweating...










Also, I want to say thank you for the support. I'm extremely grateful for all forms of support, and thrilled to have received a few items from my Amazon list.


Comments