5 Weeks Post Op

Today makes 5 weeks since surgery. It was my second day back at work and I’m pooped! The last two days have been crazy busy. I’m trying to get back into the groove,  up tasks for my current job and get ready to start my new job on Monday.

I have tried to have food at work that makes it easy to eat every couple hours, but it’s difficult. I’m having trouble getting my water in too. It’s almost 10:00 at night and I’ve only just made it to 56 ounces of water. Overall I’m doing good, though. Today that was Olive Garden for free lunch and I was able to have a taste by putting a tiny bit of marinara on my ground chicken. Then I brought home some sauce and a meatball for tomorrow. It made me happy.

So far I’m down 33 pounds, 2-3 pants sizes, and the clothes I was wearing are very baggy. Next week I get to start adding solid foods back in and I’m excited, though so far I’ve been pretty satisfied with the foods I can eat. I eat pudding for breakfast, I mean, who could complain about that? 😂

Overall, I have been super happy, and everyone says I’m glowing and happy. But tonight an old fear tried to creep in. I thought, I’m still so fat, I’m not sure I will actually lose all the weight. As soon as the thoughts showed up I shut them down. I have no room for those old tapes to play now.


Food for my first day back at work.

I was able to wear this dress for the first time!


Nice stats!



Comments