Two Weeks Post Op

Hard to believe that today makes two weeks since surgery. Things have been going great. My taste has not changed, everything that I have eaten (which isn't much) has gone down really well. No pain when swallowing, no upset stomach, and no, uh, tummy troubles. . . 

I've mentioned a few of these, but some of the things I've noticed:
  • Blood sugar is normal
  • Vision is clearer
  • No arthritis pain in my knee
  • Getting around is easier
  • I'm not hot all the time
  • Clothes are fitting better
  • I don't feel hungry
  • I have zits from the hormones leaving fat cells 😑
I'm in the soft food phase for another week. I have been dining on sugar free pudding (which is even better, I discovered, when I put sugar free peanut butter powder in it) low fat cottage cheese, low fat, low carb yogurt, broth, fat free refried beans, and protein shakes/drinks. I got some protein soup and garlic mashed potatoes to try and those have been a nice treat as well. Next week I can start with pureed foods and I have a few recipes to try, egg salad and tuna salad, for example.

So far I have lost 17.6 pounds, 1 inch off my waist and 3 off my hips. I don't really care how fast the weight comes off because I know there are a lot of changes going on inside me, but I am really looking forward to getting down below 400 again. My next big goal after that is getting below 380 because that was my set point for a long long time.

Today was 61 degrees and so I dragged my butt out of the house and took a short walk. After my walk last week, I felt a little more secure taking my walker, so I got it out of the house and we went for a walk. I only went around the block, but that's about where I've been at for quite some time. I'm not trying to work up a sweat right now, I just need to keep moving to help guard against clots. (I am going to be really glad to not have to take the blood thinner shots anymore! Only one more week.)

I have loved having some visitors. I do love being at home alone, but it is nice to have someone to chat with every so often, especially since I couldn't drive and so I was stuck at home. I have been cleared to drive so now I can go to the store if needed, or go to the library to get more movies.

All in all, I am very pleased with how my journey is going so far and I can't wait to see what the future holds.

Left: My fist day home after surgery. Right: Yesterday


Left: Day of surgery. Right: Today



Comments