So Much Liquid!

5 days out from surgery and I have really been feeling pretty great. I have been amazed that I have had almost zero pain, most of the pain was just gas right after surgery, and that I have had more energy than I've had in the last year when I wake up.

I expected to get super nervous right before surgery and to have my normal emotional breakdown a few days after, but neither occurred. I have been happy and very excited, looking forward to the future. I did come home with a little sniffle, but that is gone now. Last night I finally slept in my bed instead of on the couch. It was good because my legs have been swelling.

My blood sugar seems to have evened out and has been right at 120ish in the morning and at night. That is a huge improvement and I am very happy not to have to take insulin any longer. Actually, I have been able to stop 4 prescriptions so far which is awesome!!!

I have had a pretty positive attitude, but today I have been pretty tired, and I have to admit that I'm getting a little tired of only liquids. Tomorrow is my last day of liquids only and then I can start adding soft foods like pudding and yogurt. I CAN'T WAIT. I can also have egg whites and fat free refried beans. 😋

It's not that I am hungry. My tummy gurgles to say it wants food, but I feel no hunger. I'm just bored of water, protein drinks and broth. I just keep reminding myself that it is all worth it.

*Warning, at the bottom there is a picture of my incisions. They are like small cuts, but if you don't want to see, don't scroll clear to the bottom.


Sleeping on the couch the first couple days.


A gift from some dear friends. 💗



Incision picture below...








5 small incisions.



Comments