Looking Forward

Yesterday my insurance gave approval for my surgery!!

I have been thinking a lot recently about what I am looking forward to after surgery so I thought I would make a list. Some of these things you won't have ever thought about if you've never been overweight. 

  • Personal hygiene being easier
  • Taking baths and being fully submerged
  • Easily shaving my legs
  • Being able to take care of my feet (trim nails, lotion, etc.)
  • Not struggling to put socks on
  • Shopping in a store not from a website
  • Going for long walks
  • Hiking
  • Spending time outdoors
  • Fitting in my car
  • Using a regular scale
  • Possibly getting rid of my BiPAP
  • My clothes taking up less room therefore...
  • Smaller suitcase!
  • Being able to sit anywhere (not having to worry if I will fit at a restaurant)
  • Fewer meds
  • Being able to put my shoes on easily
  • Not hurting constantly
  • Feeling more confident
  • Having the energy to do all the things I want to do
  • Flying comfortably!
  • Not being told things like it's a pity that I'm fat because I have nice skin and I will never find a husband (true story, happened in Moscow)
  • Not being constantly judged just because of my weight
  • Easier sexy time (sooooo many positions to try 😀)
  • Spending less on clothes (bigger clothes are way more expensive)
Basically, my life is a constant struggle right now. I know many people will say that it's my own fault, and yes, it is partially, but I have tried and tried for 40 years to lose weight. There are genetic issues, and lots of health issues causing the weight issues, so It's not as simple and some will say. When it comes right down to it, I don't care what anyone else thinks, I will do what is right for me.

via GIPHY

Comments