Anxiety Building

As I wait for the insurance to finish processing and approve my procedure, the anxiety is ramping up. Of course, there can't just be one thing causing me anxiety right now. . .no, that would be too easy. I have another surgery coming up, lots of stress at work, and I'm always afraid of being left behind or forgotten, so it makes perfect sense that I would dream about being left behind last night.

I feel pent up, restlessness and have been having trouble sleeping. Part of me wants the surgery to happen already, and part of me is terrified. It will be a huge change.

I have been making a shopping list of things I will need before surgery, which makes it feel that much more real. One of the suggestions is to use toddler plates and utensils, so mom picked me up some dollar store toddler spoons. I don't know why but I find that entertaining, the thought of using toddler utensils.

I have been trying different clear protein drinks, protein powders, looking for high protein recipes, etc. I've been looking at 2 oz condiment cups that I can make single servings of gelatin in. I'm trying to think of everything.

Luckily I have 4 coworkers who have already had surgery and they are giving me lots of tips. That helps a lot. I hope that the anxiety will die down a little when I have a date, but maybe not. I guess we shall see.



Comments